Frequently Asked Questions
- What flavour cakes do you offer?
The majority of our customers often ask for the traditional vanilla sponge with strawberry conserve and vanilla buttercream, however we also have a wide range of choice such as; zesty lemon, red velvet, chocolate sponge with salted caramel, cookies and cream and chocolate orange, all of which can be found in our celebration cakes link.
- Do you deliver?
As you can imagine our cakes are very delicate and therefore are unable to be sent via post due to the risk of damage in transit. Our customers quite often prefer to collect from our home bakery in Guildford Surrey, but we do however also offer local delivery on several of our products, our local areas covered for delivery can be found on the home page. We are currently looking into postal services with DPD for our brownies, blondies and cookie boxes, in aim to widen our audience.
- How far in advance can I order?
Booking as far in advance as possible is always preferable. To ensure we can fit your order in and not have to turn you away for short notice due to other cake orders already being placed.
- For celebration cakes we would usually like to say 2-3 weeks’ notice is idea but on occasions we may be able to offer up to a week prior to specified date, depending on the complexity of the cake needed, (this is under The little sweet cake company’s discretion).
- For weddings, we would advise you secure your booking at least 3 months prior to the event date, to ensure all ideas, requests, and invoices are covered and completed well before the big day.
- What if something is wrong with my purchase?
We hope that every order is fulfilled to your satisfaction. However, if you feel there is something wrong, please get in touch as soon as possible and we will aim to fix it within reason and subject to the nature of the problem.
Also, please refer to our terms and conditions for additional information on cancellation charges.
- What cake size do you think I need?
It can be confusing for some customers to know how big a cake to order for events, but a good place to start is the number of guests at your party.
As a rough guide: A 6” round - serves 12 people, and an 8″ round - would serve 24 people.
Once an order has been collected from our premises, or delivered to selected address, we cannot accept liability for any damage that may occur during transit or thereafter.